Global Supply Chain Director
Location : Racine, WI / Milwaukee, WI
Employment Type : Full-Time
OUR HERITAGE BENEFITS YOUR FUTURE! Here at TWIN DISC, we have a proud history of developing and pioneering transmission and propulsion solutions for equipment that fuels the world. Over the years, we’ve built a strong company that is centered on innovation and employee ingenuity making us an industry leader and respected throughout the markets we serve. As we continue our global expansion, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. Due to continued growth, we are looking to add a Global Supply Chain Director to our team. This high-level leadership position will be responsible for managing key operational projects globally to ensure that the business performance is improved, and cost reduction targets are achieved by agreed time frames. The position leads cross-functional teams, ensuring team members are on schedule with their assignments and responsibilities. This role monitors the project budget, reporting status and making recommendations or adjustments in order to facilitate project completion in a cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent
- Project management training and experience, especially related to technical projects.
- Master’s degree preferred, specifically in areas of Supply Chain or Business Administration (MBA)
- APICS CSCP and CPIM certifications recommended.
- Competence in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of ERP systems, specifically JD Edwards
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and listening skills that allow being able to work with people in all levels of the organization and external customers
- Good listening skills, to determine needs of customers and team members
- Strong diplomacy skills to balance needs of Company with those of customer
- Strong presentation skills to effectively communicate project updates
- Ability to lead a team and drive change through positive influence and strong communication, driving a positive culture within Twin Disc and as a global company representative.
- Ability to provide technical interpretation of the project requirements for proper alignment of objectives and goals.
- Technical understanding of Twin Disc products being developed as part of project
- Lean training, six sigma, or other training in continuous improvement methods.
- Expert in supplier risk mitigation, contract negotiations, onshoring efforts, and cost control initiatives.
- Racine, Wisconsin
- Travel required for customer visits both domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Team leadership skills, including skills leading cross-functional teams composed of individuals not under one’s direct management control
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles
- Creativity and problem-solving skills, to identify alternative solutions to improve performance.
Essential Job Functions
- Establish measurement systems to identify and analyze areas with business performance gaps at our manufacturing operations. Plan improvement activities to close the gaps.
- Lead a project team in an assigned area of responsibility – focusing in the areas of business performance improvement, cost reduction, improved productivity, quality, customer service or other areas. May be requested to lead a specialized project or implementation, including readying manufacturing and supply chain for new product introductions.
- Select team members to participate on project teams, from various disciplines within the organization, based on their expertise and contribution to the project.
- Lead a team in considering a wide range of cost-savings measures, including engineering design changes for ease of manufacturability, technology enhancements, global sourcing alternatives, or other areas.
- Develop and monitor the project, using the appropriate project tracking tools. Keep senior management informed on project status and cost savings or progress by creating and maintaining written progress reports.
- Work cooperatively with internal and external customer(s), facilitating flow of information as needed to manage project.
- Seek out and develop sourcing relationships with providers in existing and new markets globally, eliminating product constraint, allowing all Twin Disc affiliates to meet customer demands without supply chain constraints.
- Create processes to mitigate supply chain risk and implement cost control measures to effectively meet production deadlines and customer demand.
Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, 401(k), Corporate Bonus, Vacation, 13 Paid Holidays, which includes Christmas Shutdown, Tuition Reimbursement, On-site Nurse
TWIN DISC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.