Product Service Engineer - Electronic and Hybrid Systems
Location : 4600 21st St, Racine, WI 53405
Employment Type : Full Time
OUR HERITAGE BENEFITS YOUR FUTURE! Here at TWIN DISC, we have a proud history of developing and pioneering transmission and propulsion solutions for equipment that fuels the world. Over the years, we’ve built a strong company that is centered on innovation and employee ingenuity making us an industry leader and respected throughout the markets we serve. As we continue our global expansion, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. Due to continued growth, we are looking to add a Product Service Engineer - Electronic and Hybrid Systems to our team. Summary of Position This position is responsible for the installation, analysis, and commissioning of Electric, Hybrid, and Conventional systems for use in various marine and land-based propulsion systems. This position is also responsible for working with and perform field maintenance as needed along with delivery of technical service training programs, and technical publications including service manual development. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
• BSEE or an equivalent degree, with experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform Product commissioning and testing in the field, review the installation and recommend changes if necessary. Write and present concise reports on the installation noting changes that should be made to make the product more salable.
2. Determine requirements and, if necessary, set up arrangements to go to the field to analyze situations as required utilizing the necessary equipment, i.e. electronic, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic test equipment and submit detailed reports on each situation to determine cause and implement corrective action.
3. Perform product repairs and maintenance activities in the field.
4. Meet professionally with other Twin Disc personnel, such as Product and Test Engineers and contact Quality Assurance to initiate and follow up on any corrective actions required in resolving field situations.
5. Coordinate communications pertaining to Product Service and installations in response to individual service questions.
6. Design and deliver technical service training programs to qualified personnel on Twin Disc products at customer sites and at Twin Disc.
7. Coordinate and prepare source materials required for the publication of new service manuals, review manuals and write technical publications.
8. Be knowledgeable on all products, product changes and new products with regards to design, applications, operation and installation, and changes to service manuals.
Other Job Functions:
1. Other duties as may be required
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers (internal and external) and suppliers and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and the organization.