Project Engineer - Mechanical
Location : Racine, WI
Employment Type : Full-Time
OUR HERITAGE BENEFITS YOUR FUTURE! Here at TWIN DISC, we have a proud history of developing and pioneering transmission and propulsion solutions for equipment that fuels the world. Over the years, we’ve built a strong company that is centered on innovation and employee ingenuity making us an industry leader and respected throughout the markets we serve. As we continue our global expansion, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. Due to continued growth, we are looking to add a Mechanical Project Engineer to our team. Position Summary This position will be responsible for the design and analysis of new products and components for new and existing products. This position will also be responsible for the management of specific engineering projects for new products and extensions to existing products.
Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in design of components and analysis or equivalent degree and experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Competence in Microsoft Office Suite
- Skilled in Microsoft Project
- Proficient in the use of 3-d modeling, SolidWorks preferred
- Proficient in the application of Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Proficient in the use of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), SmarTeam preferred
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and listening skills that allow being able to work with people in all levels of the organization and external customers
- Ability to analyze and solve problems appropriately, such as stress determination, mechanical and hydraulic part configuration, thrust, bearing and gear life, vibration and clutch capacity to ensure project goals and standards are met
- Ability to perform root cause analysis for product issues
- Racine, Wisconsin
- Travel required for customer and Twin Disc entity visits both domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time
- Skilled in the areas of gearing, clutches, bearing selection, hydraulic systems and material processes
- Knowledgeable in torsional and vibration analysis
- Knowledgeable in the application of heat treat methods for shafting and gearing, casting methodologies for iron and aluminum, and forging technologies for gearing
- Highly skilled in solving complex engineering problems by a variety of tools
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Valid Passport
Essential Job Functions
- Manage engineering projects for new products from conception through final release to marketing for production.
- Assist in leading the Product Development Team, from various disciplines within the organization, to a timely completion of the engineering project maintaining product features that comply with the product specification while achieving project and product costs.
- Design and analyze components for new products and modification to existing products.
- Utilize Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) for product manufacturing.
- Develop mathematical models of problems and establish computer formulas for solutions.
- Oversee the drafting of new products and product modifications.
- Create product structure for new and modified units.
- Evaluate deviations and change requests.
- Determine required testing and writing of test requests and analyze the results.
- Analyze the performance of a unit and specific components.
- Perform root cause analysis of product issues.
- Approve product applications.
- Enter and validate proper data in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
- Maintain knowledge of manufacturing facility capabilities and limitations.
- Supervise 0 employees.
TWIN DISC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.