Project Manager - Hybrid/Electric
Location : 4600 21st St, Racine, WI 53405
Employment Type : Full Time
OUR HERITAGE BENEFITS YOUR FUTURE! Here at TWIN DISC, we have a proud history of developing and pioneering transmission and propulsion solutions for equipment that fuels the world. Over the years, we’ve built a strong company that is centered on innovation and employee ingenuity making us an industry leader and respected throughout the markets we serve. As we continue our global expansion, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. Due to continued growth, we are looking to add a Project Manager - Hybrid / Electrical to our team.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent degree and experience
- Project management training and 5+ years’ experience, especially related to technical projects
- Electrical/Electronic background preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for managing key projects to ensure that all phases of the projects are completed by the timeframes agreed upon. The position coordinates with cross disciplinary teams, including internal departments, customers, and suppliers to ensure projects meet customer needs. This includes coordination from concept to customer installation, and beyond. The Project Manager monitors the project budget, reporting status and making recommendations or adjustments to facilitate project completion in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage new product application projects from conception through commissioning.
- Work with Sales, Applications, and Product Management to smoothly transition opportunities to managed projects, ensuring all customer wishes/needs are translated into requirements.
- Coordinate and supervise project meetings, including personnel from various disciplines within the organization.
- Follow all cross functional processes from opportunity to commissioning to keep all aspects of the project moving to meet customer needs in terms of delivery time, cost, and quality.
- Participate in and “own” all aspects of each project, stepping in and helping other disciplines as required.
- Ensure attainment of budget and product costs by developing and monitoring the appropriate tracking tools.
- Work cooperatively with both customers and vendors, facilitating flow of information as needed to manage project.
- Coordinate customer interfacing including technical discussions, product delivery, installation, commissioning, and field support (as required).
- Keep senior management informed on project status by creating and maintaining written records on timeline, budget, costs, and other related issues.
Other Job Functions
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of project management through reading professional publications, attending workshops and seminars and participating in training opportunities.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.