Location : Racine, WI
Employment Type : Full-Time
Shift : Regular
The Quality Supervisor’s role is to supervise the inspection department personnel, prioritize the inspection schedule with input from planning and manufacturing, and to ensure inspections carried out by team members are effective. The Quality Supervisor acts as a resource and advisor on selecting appropriate gaging methods, using proper gaging techniques, and ensures that inspection team members are compliant with pertinent quality system standards and procedures. The Quality Supervisor will also manage the non-conforming system, ensuring non-conforming product is properly controlled and records kept, and that non-conforming product is dispositioned efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience using ERP systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to write effective work instructions.
- Expertise in gaging techniques (CMM, Micrometers, Calipers, Indicators, Depth Gages, Height Stands, etc.)
- Proficiency in writing CMM programs.
- Expertise in GD&T, Blueprint reading
- Work location is Racine, WI.
- Travel required: minimal to none.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Able to multi-task utilizing good time management skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work safely and hold others accountable to work safely.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead and oversee a team of quality assurance specialists to ensure all products meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Prioritize inspection schedule to meet needs of manufacturing & planning departments.
- Ensure throughput of lab to meet production needs.
- Ensure quality records are maintained to provide evidence of quality compliance and product traceability.
- Write/edit CMM and Vici programs for inspection.
- Interpret inspection results, collaborate with quality assurance specialists, and disposition inspected material
- Evaluate and disposition PPAP submissions from suppliers.
- Escalate non-conforming conditions which require corrective action.
- Plan, develop, and implement quality control policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with industry best practices and developments.
Supervises 5-10 employees.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with problem solving and corrective action teams as needed.
- Participate in internal auditing to identify any areas in need of improvement
- Inspect parts and take proactive nature to improve
- Provide recommendations and guidance on gage selection.
- Advise and train employees on proper gaging methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Write or update work instructions as needed.
TWIN DISC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.