Service Manager, Veth Propulsion
Location : Papendrecht, The Netherlands
Veth Propulsion designs and builds propulsion and control systems for worldwide shipping in Papendrecht. We are looking for a Service Manager. Are you able to optimize and develop our Service network in collaboration with the Service and Sales team? Then this position is for you! Apply now and take the lead in a dynamic and technically challenging environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Service Manager, you will manage and motivate the Diesel, Thrusters and Elektra teams in their day-to-day work. Works closely with various departments and is responsible for optimizing the processes within the organization to meet the needs of our production, service department and our customers. You are driven to achieve the business objectives, within this role you report to the Managing Director.
- Translating the vision and strategy of the company into concrete objectives for the department;
- Change management (improving performance, standardizing and stimulating cost awareness);
- Managing and motivating the teams, including assessing performance and development;
- Preparing the service organization for future growth;
- Conducts periodic performance and/or appraisal interviews with service coordinators;
- Advising Management and HR, on individual training plans of the executive staff;
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations regarding service activities.
We are looking for a practical leader with a strategic vision. You are in possession of strong analytical skills, able to assess and optimize processes to ensure efficiency, cost savings and customer satisfaction.
- HBO work – and thinking level with a commercial, technical background;
- Experience in a managerial position or in possession of managerial skills;
- Affinity with the maritime or technical sector;
- You have a sharp analytical mind, are solution-oriented and able to motivate others;
- You have persuasiveness and empathy;
- You have good communication skills and a good command of the Dutch and English language;
- You don’t shy away from a dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
Veth Propulsion (a 100% subsidiary of Twin Disc Inc. USA) is a customer-oriented internationally operating manufacturer of (auxiliary) propulsion systems on ships. We want to be a company where everyone goes to work every day with pleasure and enthusiasm. Our colleagues are committed, work well together and share a passion for customers and technology. We strive for improvement and are always willing to go the extra mile. In order to be innovative and offer tailor-made technical solutions, we believe it is important that employees have the space to make their own decisions, which is why creativity and ideas are encouraged. We are all working towards the same goal: satisfied customers worldwide through innovative, high-quality products and excellent service, in which sustainability is increasingly central.
Veth Propulsion is an innovative and solid company with short lines of communication, distinguished by our passion for customers and technology. In addition to a pleasant working atmosphere, we offer a strong employment conditions package based on the Metalektro Collective Labour Agreement and company-specific schemes.