Supply Chain Specialist
Location : 4600 21st St, Racine, WI 53405
Employment Type : Full Time
OUR HERITAGE BENEFITS YOUR FUTURE! Here at TWIN DISC, we have a proud history of developing and pioneering transmission and propulsion solutions for equipment that fuels the world. Over the years, we’ve built a strong company that is centered on innovation and employee ingenuity making us an industry leader and respected throughout the markets we serve. As we continue our global expansion, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. Due to continued growth, we are looking to add a Supply Chain Specialist to our team. The Supply Chain Specialist ensures that parts are available, on time, for operational activities supporting our various lines of land and marine based product, including general product research and development. This position maintains excellent relationships with both vendors and operational staff, making the sourcing decisions required to keep operational development activities on track.
- BA or BS degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain
- At least 4 – 6 years of experience in sourcing and/or planning in a manufacturing environment required. Experience in purchasing/buying is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure required material/part availability for all operational activity per relevant project schedules and requests.
- Document, track and communicate material/part status and issues to project managers and assembly teams. Ensure timely resolutions to all material/part availability issues, addressing both potential and actual shortages in an expedited fashion.
- Ensure any HOT PARTS are processed as quickly as possible.
- Establish working relationships with vendors, promoting improved quality and cost reduction efforts. Follow-up with vendors to assure supply and demand understanding. Hold assigned vendors accountable for performance quality, delivery, and costs. Find new vendors as needed both to ensure timely completion of parts and cost competitiveness.
- Visit key vendors to maintain strong business relationship, business clarity and to hold them accountable.
- Coordinate and complete the procurement of assigned materials/parts, making rational purchasing decisions to balance costs, inventory, and schedules based on business needs.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Purchasing and Manufacturing personnel to determine the best material/part sources (internal vs. external).
- Work closely with Quality department to resolve issues found at receiving inspection. Request reimbursements for vendor-related scrap and rework.
- For “make” parts, coordinate with Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, and Operations to ensure appropriate routings (if applicable) are created and parts are scheduled to meet the needs, while minimizing interruptions to production activity. Expedite “make” parts through the plant. Develop “should cost” skills to help drive both vendor and factory accountability.
- Supervises 0 employees.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties as assigned.