Supply Chain Specialist
Location : Racine, WI
Employment Type : Full-Time
The Supply Chain Specialist ensures that parts are available, on time, for operational activities supporting our various lines of land and marine based product, including general product research and development. This position maintains excellent relationships with both vendors and operational staff, making the sourcing decisions required to keep operational development activities on track.
- BA or BS degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ensure required material/part availability for all operational activity per relevant project schedules and requests.
- Document, track and communicate material/part status and issues to project managers and assembly teams. Ensure timely resolutions to all material/part availability issues, addressing both potential and actual shortages in an expedited fashion.
- Ensure any HOT PARTS are processed as quickly as possible.
- Establish working relationships with vendors, promoting improved quality and cost reduction efforts. Follow-up with vendors to assure supply and demand understanding. Hold assigned vendors accountable for performance quality, delivery, and costs. Find new vendors as needed both to ensure timely completion of parts and cost competitiveness.
- Visit key vendors to maintain strong business relationship, business clarity and to hold them accountable.
- Coordinate and complete the procurement of assigned materials/parts, making rational purchasing decisions to balance costs, inventory, and schedules based on business needs.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Purchasing and Manufacturing personnel to determine the best material/part sources (internal vs. external).
- Work closely with Quality department to resolve issues found at receiving inspection. Request reimbursements for vendor-related scrap and rework.
- For “make” parts, coordinate with Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, and Operations to ensure appropriate routings (if applicable) are created and parts are scheduled to meet the needs, while minimizing interruptions to production activity. Expedite “make” parts through the plant. Develop “should cost” skills to help drive both vendor and factory accountability.
- Supervises 0 employees.
- Other duties as assigned.