ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE
FOR MARINE TRANSMISSIONS
Twin Disc Quickshift and certain other model marine transmissions use Proportional Solenoids for engaging Forward and Reverse clutches. The proportional solenoids, along with Twin Disc proprietary clutch design, provide for smoother and faster clutch engagement. These proportional solenoids cannot be connected direct to battery power. Therefore, these marine transmissions are supplied with an EC050 Control Module.
The EC050 Control Module provides users of Quickshift and non-Quickshift Marine Transmissions with the means to operate the transmission. The module can receive commands from a mechanical lever with switches, or it can receive commands from a non-Twin Disc propulsion control system.
Quickshift model marine transmissions can be ordered with the standard EC050 Control Module for clutch engagement, or with an EC050 Control Module with Troll for both clutch engagement and Troll Mode. Both versions have the following features (except as noted):
- Operate from 12VDC or 24VDC battery power
- Operating temperature range: -40 to 70 degrees C
- Start Interlock option to prevent engine cranking while in gear
- Manual Override Valve interface (if installed) to protect against both a manual and electronic command to clutch
- Option to wire clutch engagement commands as switch signals or propulsion control signals
- LED indicators for providing operational status as well as fault codes, including battery power monitoring
- Not In Neutral (NIN) output to advise non-Twin Disc propulsion control system that the module is commanding an engagement
- Classification Society Approval: ABS
- Troll Demand Input (EC050 with Troll): 0-5VDC or 4-20mA slow speed maneuvering signal