Environmental, Social, Governance
At Twin Disc, Inc., we believe that in order to be successful over the long-term, we need to create value to our shareholders and for society as a whole. Our Environmental, Social, Governance, ESG, philosophy spans globally where we live, work and serve. It sets our global approach to sustainable purpose and forms the basis of our decision by focusing on business ethics, compliance, people, culture, community involvement, product design for sustainability and the environment. We will lead the global off-highway markets to a life beyond fossil fuels.
We recognize that sustainability benefits our stakeholders in multiple ways. Our efforts to use resources more efficiently allows us to reduce our environmental impact, while also enhancing our financial performance by lowering costs of inputs like energy and water. We seek to decrease our environmental footprint by pursuing strategies to reduce our electricity usage, fuel usage and water consumption and by measuring our progress. We track our environmental impact in several ways, including measuring greenhouse gas emissions, energy use and water consumption.
Waste & Recycling
Our sustainability programs focus on continuous improvement of our operations to protect our natural resources and add value to our customers and surrounding communities. We use smart conservation measures to drive reductions in our energy and water usage. We continuously look to optimize our global footprint in order to minimize negative environmental impacts while conversing energy and natural resources.
We design our products with safety, quality and efficiency in mind. our Hybrid & Electrification products offers the flexibility to drive everything from wheels to propellers with diesel power (or equivalent LNG, bio fuels, etc.), full electric or hybrid that take advantage of both. This improves emission standards, saves on fuel and maintenance costs, and increases overall efficiency. We will lead the global off-highway markets to life beyond fossil fuels.
Social: People & Culture, Safety & Health
Through living our values, we are committed to strengthening our existing culture through an inclusive and diverse workplace by attracting, developing and retaining top talent and delivering on our commitments. We value every team member at Twin Disc and invest significantly in our people by creating and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment and ensuring their ongoing professional and personal development.
- Customer Focus: Customers are first and foremost; we will deliver on our commitments to all stakeholders.
- Integrity: Being honest, trustworthy and ethical in everything we do.
- Accountability: Acknowledging and assuming responsibility, delivering on our commitments with a sense of urgency, taking the initiative and adopting a solution mind-set.
- Teamwork: Working together collaboratively to achieve our goals in the most effective and efficient way, treating everyone with respect – across the company and in the communities in which we work and serve.
- Innovation: Actively pursuing new ideas and continuous improvement; adapting to changing circumstances; embracing technology.
Social: Community Involvement
We encourage our team members to give back to their local communities, whether it is time, effort or a financial contribution. Our key focus areas in the community are health and education. It’s important that we play our part to build a better world for current and future generations. Our support is delivered through initiatives that support our local communities and those in need:
- Charitable events to provide adequate clothing, shelter, food and water
- Develpment and education of young people in the areas we live and work
For more information on Corporate Governance, click here.