Twin Disc, Incorporated
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it. This privacy statement describes the type of information Twin Disc, Incorporated (“Twin Disc”, “we”, or “us”) may collect from you (e.g., customer, contractor, supplier, employee, etc.); how your information is collected, used, safeguarded; and the choices you have regarding your information.
This privacy statement applies to all personal information received by Twin Disc in any format including electronic, paper or verbal. “Personal information” means any information or set of information that directly or indirectly identifies or is used by or on behalf of Twin Disc to identify an individual. “Sensitive personal information” means personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, or that concerns an individual’s health, or other data of a highly personal nature.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement, please contact: email@example.com.
In processing your personal data, we adhere to the following principles:
- Principle of lawfulness which requires us to process your personal data always in line with legal regulations and pursuant to no fewer than one legal basis.
- Principle of fairness and transparency that requires us to process your personal data in an open and transparent manner and provide you with information on the manner of their processing and information to whom your personal data will be disclosed (for example if your personal data are stored on data storage sites – clouds – outside of the European Union and the European Economic Area). This additionally involves our obligation to inform you of cases of serious security breaches or personal data leaks.
- Principle of purpose limitation which allows us to collect your personal data only with a clearly defined purpose.
- Principle of data minimization which requires us to process only personal data that are necessary, relevant and adequate in relation to the purpose of their use.
- Principle of accuracy which requires us to adopt all reasonable measures allowing us to regularly update or rectify your personal data.
- Principle of storage limitation which requires us to store your personal data only for the period that is necessary for the specific purpose for which they are processed (for example over the period for which a marketing consent was granted, if it was not withdrawn before the expiration of this period). As soon as the period for processing expires or the purpose of processing ceases to exist, we erase your personal data or anonymize them, i.e. modify them so that they are not connectable to you.
- Principle of integrity and confidentiality, incontestability and availability which requires us to secure your personal data and protect them against unauthorized or illegal processing, loss or destruction. For these reasons, we adopt numerous technical and organizational measures for the protection of your personal data. Concurrently, we ensure that access to your personal data is granted only to selected employees.
- Principle of responsibility (accountability) which requires us to be able to document compliance with all the conditions referred to above.
Our privacy statement addresses frequently asked questions about the kinds of data we collect and how it is used.
1. What personal data does Twin Disc gather?
We collect and process a range of personal data including:
Data you give to us:
This is information about you that you give to us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in person or at trade shows or events or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give to us includes for example: name, title, address, business telephone number, purchase information, business email address, fax number, country of origin/nationality, country of residence, financial and credit card information, customer number, business-related information, preferences provided by internet activity, survey responses marketing efforts, and the name of the company you work for.
Data we collect about you:
Data we collect from other sources:
We may also receive information about you from other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share that data internally and/or combine it with data collected on this site.
We also work with third parties including, for example, website partners, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, lead generators, data aggregators, social media platforms, and credit reference agencies. We utilize Google Analytics to collect information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site. We do not combine the information collected through use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Google’s collection and processing of data is described in “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners (or another URL Google may provide from time to time). You can opt out of your Site usage data being included in our Google Analytics reports by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
2. How is that personal data used by us?
We may use personal data held about you in the following ways:
Website Experience: for the technical administration of the website; for internal operations; for customer administration; for product surveys; for troubleshooting; for data analysis, data analytics, testing, and research and development purposes; to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Business Uses: to establish and manage accounts; and to analyze and develop new products, services and website;
Providing Support: to provide customer support and respond to requests, questions, and comments; to notify you about changes to our service; and to measure how effectively we address your concerns;
Monitoring: to handle any calls, chats or other interactions with us, including by the customer services team.
Protecting our Rights and Property: to protect our rights or property or that of our business partners, dealers, suppliers, customers or others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected; to recover debts; to prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities and prohibited behavior or activities.
Surveys: to request and receive from you information regarding your relationship with us.
3. On what legal basis do you gather and use my data?
By visiting our website and/or providing your personal data in order to use our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this statement.
Our websites may be operated, in whole or in part, from the United States. By using our websites, you consent to having your personal information transferred to and processed in the United States.
4. Is my personal data transferred or provided to third parties?
Twin Disc is a global organization with subsidiaries, business processes, management structures and technical systems that cross borders. As such, we will share the personal data we collect with other companies within Twin Disc and transfer it to countries in the world where we do business in connection with the uses identified above and in accordance with this privacy statement.
Twin Disc is not in the business of selling personal data to others. We do not reveal personal data about you to unaffiliated third parties, unless: (1) you request or authorize it; (2) the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you; (3) the information is provided to comply with the law, applicable regulations, court orders or subpoenas, to enforce our agreements, or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users or others (e.g., to a consumer reporting agency for fraud protection etc.); (4) the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets); or (5) the information is provided to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (e.g., analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, etc.). We may also gather aggregated data about you and disclose such aggregated (but not personally identifiable) information to third parties for promotional or other purposes.
5. How long will my personal data be kept for?
Personal information will not kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that, unless information must be retained for legal or archival purposes, personal information will be securely destroyed or erased when it is no longer required or, where applicable, following a request from you to destroy or erase your personal information.
6. Will my personal data be transferred to other countries?
Personal data may be transferred to and from other countries, provided that certain data privacy conditions are complied with.
7. What security measures are in place to protect my personal data?
We take information security seriously and use industry-accepted security measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, loss, or misuse. For example, we store personal information on computer systems with limited access, located in controlled facilities, and among other measures, we protect electronic information and our systems from malicious mischief by using firewalls and intrusion detection and prevention tools.
8. How do I update or access my personal data?
We ask that you keep your data as up-to-date as possible so you may get the maximum benefit from us. For questions related to updating or changing your information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. What rights do I have in relation to my personal data?
Depending on the circumstances, you may:
- request access to any personal data we hold about you;
- object to the processing of your data for direct-marketing purposes;
- ask to have inaccurate data held about you amended or updated;
- ask to have your data erased or to restrict processing in certain limited situations;
- request the porting of your personal data to another organization in control of your personal data; and/or
- ask to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing in automated decision-making.
If you wish to make a formal request for information we hold about you, you can contact us, at email@example.com.
10. How do I opt out of being contacted for promotional purposes?
You have the right to ask us not to send you marketing communications. We will usually inform you (before collecting the personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect personal data. You can also exercise the right to prevent such processing at any time by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe link in any informational or promotional email that we send you.
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about changing your contact preference or require assistance in removing your name from our subscription lists.
12. What should I do if I think there has been a breach of data or a violation of this Privacy Statement?
If you think that a data breach has occurred or this privacy statement has not been followed, then you should raise the matter with email@example.com. Any breach or violation will be taken seriously.
13. Modifications to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time and without prior notice. We will post any changes on our website so please check regularly for the most recent version.
This site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each site that collects information from you.
15. Children’s Privacy
This website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age and Twin Disc does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 through this website.