Product and Sales Manager - Transmissions
Location : Racine, WI
Employment Type : Full-Time
Due to continued growth, we are looking to add a Product and Sales Manager to our team. The Product and Sales Manager has responsibility for the growth and development of the transmission product line. The position will define the long-term strategy of the product line and create the product road map for future products and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the long-term strategy of the assigned product-line, creating a product road map. Identify current product gaps, determine product modification needs, and additional product features that the market may require.
- Manage new products from concept, to design, through production, and through the remainder of the product life cycle. Formulate detailed engineering projects based on new product ideas and modifications. Determine when products need to be phased-out, creating a transition plan and collaborating with marketing on customer communications.
- Research products, markets and competitors in order to identify and define customer product needs and requirements. Keep current with competitors’ product offerings. Regularly report on market developments and trends, making recommendations to senior management.
- Develop pricing strategies for direct customers and distribution. Understand the channels to market, developing a strategy to maximize profitability and reach our target customers.
- Assist the sales team by providing the necessary product knowledge and technical support for supporting our customers, distributors, and new applications. Conduct product presentations to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain electronic databases for price lists, technical documents such as project specification sheets and engineering projects as well as databases including application references, previous installations and project approvals from customers, subsidiaries and distributors. Perform customer visits, attend trade shows, and obtain information from the market on future trends and technology advancements.
- Collaborate with marketing on developing marketing collateral and advertising. Jointly plan product launches. Assist in the development of sales tools and training materials.
- Provide input regarding the product plan for the annual business plan and long-range strategic planning processes.
- Utilize CRM to log tasks and opportunities and collaborate with the Application Engineering Department to ensure application reviews are timely and precise.
- Ensure application reviews meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Supervise 0 employees.
- Prepares forecasts and reports as requested. Other duties as may be required.