Senior Internal Auditor
Location : Milwaukee, WI
Employment Type : Full Time
OUR HERITAGE BENEFITS YOUR FUTURE! Here at TWIN DISC, we have a proud history of developing and pioneering transmission and propulsion solutions for equipment that fuels the world. Over the years, we’ve built a strong company that is centered on innovation and employee ingenuity making us an industry leader and respected throughout the markets we serve. As we continue our global expansion, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Senior Internal Auditor based in Milwaukee, WI in our new office located in the 3rd Ward. We are looking for a team player with a focus and a strong understanding of internal controls. The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for supporting Internal Audit Programs, including Sarbanes- Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit accounting, financial and other operations and procedures within the organization. Verify the accuracy of financial data, compliance with corporate procedures and objectives, and soundness of controls to safeguard Company assets.
- Responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on both financial and operational audit projects.
- Support the SOX compliance program, including planning, scoping, reviewing, testing, analysis, evaluation, and conclusion of the design and effectiveness of Twin Disc’s internal controls over financial reporting.
- Coordinate SOX program testing of controls with a co-sourced partner, external audit, IT team members, control owners, managers, and executive management.
- Evaluate business control deficiencies for impact and perform root cause analysis to determine appropriate management actions. Monitor management’s remediation efforts to closure, including review of supporting evidence. Drive and support the Business owner’s remediation activities.
- Build relationships and collaborate cross-functionally with process owners to gain an understanding of their operations and underlying internal control environment.
- Provide advisory (consulting) services to business process/system owners and proactively evaluate process and planned changes to identify and highlight potential risks and process/control recommendations.
- Represent Internal Audit Group on various project teams and as liaison with key business stakeholders.
- Perform additional duties and special projects as requested.