HYBRID-READY MARINE TRANSMISSION
Twin Disc has taken its field-proven marine transmissions and created the MGE Series of gearboxes. This design provides power from the motor immediately in both clockwise and counter-clockwise directions. All units are equipped with a bi-directional oil pump to provide lubrication no matter the direction of shaft rotation, making these units a perfect fit for serial hybrid and diesel-electric applications or any application requiring a direct power response with a ratio reduction.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Vertical offset, lightweight aluminum alloy housing
- Bi-directional lubrication pump
- Simplified design without a clutch
- Same installation envelope as standard marine transmission
- Same ratios as MGX-5204SC
- Metric design (except for some power transmitting and plumbing components)
- Marine survey society type approvals and unit certification available
- Input flange for freestanding installation
- Oil strainer mounted
|Reduction Ratios||Pleasure Craft||Light Duty||Intermediate Duty||Medium Duty||Continuous Duty|
|:1||@ 2300 RPM||@ 2300 RPM||@ 2100 RPM||@ 1800 RPM||@ 1800 RPM|
|1.17, 1.33, 1.53
1.76, 2.03, 2.48, 2.92
For service classification definitions and important notes refer to the Twin Disc Marine Product Guide or contact Twin Disc directly. The maximum allowable rated engine/motor speed is 2300 rpm.
- Adaptations for close coupled installation
- Companion flange/bolts set
- Mounted heat exchanger
- Mounting brackets
- Monitoring devices to customer’s specification
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
|C||248 mm (9.75 in)|
|S||222 mm (8.75 in)|
|F||643 mm (25.31 in)|
|L||375 mm (14.75 in)|
|R||267 mm (10.50 in)|
* Estimated dry weight without input housing & with GWB 587.50 input hub.
Specifications subject to change without prior notice in the interest of continual product improvement. Contact your local Twin Disc representative for engineering specifications, Survey Society Approvals and Classifications.